See current Hyperbaric Chamber Therapy DermAtone Specials.
Health benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber (HBO) Therapy
Symptoms that may result from an imbalanced / impoverished oxygen flow include:
- premature ageing / dull lacklustre appearance
- depression / mental imbalance / memory
- anger / poor impulse control
- fatigue / lethargy
- dullness and a general feeling of sluggishness / toxic overload
- Poor circulation / Poor wound healing / Inflammation concerns / Metabolic / digestive issues / Muscle and tissue repair
- Sleep and stress concerns
Oxygen provides essential fuel required by the brain to function properly
- Assists the body to fight off infection by boosting the immune system
- Helps in post operative healing and sports injury recuperation
- Assist in the treatment of chronic disease and maximizes the benefits of other modalities
- Promotes more rapid and enhanced wound healing
- Decreases post-operative inflammation and infection and encourages normal healing processes
- Is a complimentary treatment for sports medicine to greatly accelerate recovery for athletes.
Other benefits to mild hyperbaric oxygen, include:
- enhanced strength, energy and endurance
- relieves tension and stress and muscle fatigue
- improves concentration, memory and depression
- detoxifies the blood
- promotes healing and has an anti ageing effect on the cells
- strengthens heart and lungs
- effective remedy for headaches and migraines
- improves sluggish metabolism and aids in digestive issues
- reduces fatigue and improves sleeping patterns
- relieves muscle stiffness
- improves skin conditions
- Promotes new collagen growth
- Stimulates new blood vessel growth
- improve healing in hypoxic wounds
- Improves circulation via greater oxygen levels in blood stream
- Improves damaged tissue as a result of treatments like radiotherapy
HBO Therapy greatly improves oxygen levels at a cellular level and has been scientifically proven to regenerate and restore healthy cells and tissue.
The primary cause of tissue and cell degeneration is lack of oxygen caused by either stress, illness, disease or injury.
All cells in the body require oxygen to complete the metabolic processes that give us vital life energy. Oxygen gives all athletes stamina, helps to heal injuries and protects us from harmful environmental toxins.
Oxygen is vital for all of the body's primary functions. The brain, is an example, which is only two per cent of our total weight, uses more than 20% of the body's total oxygen.
If the body's intake of oxygen is insufficient or compromised then the body will be thrown out of balance and symmetry. In today's world, the most important factor that causes impoverished oxygen intake is pollution and toxins in the environment. Cooked, and or processed and canned food also tends to be lacking in essential oxygen content, as well as foods that have a high fat content.
If a person’s oxygen imbalance is chronic, the immune system is weakened and as a result we are left more susceptible to germs, viruses and disease. Bacteria, toxins, viruses and parasites cannot survive in an oxygen-rich environment. Oxygen is one of life’s great healers.
Our hyperbaric chamber is a use friendly pressurised enclosure that allows the patient inside to experience enhanced atmospheric pressures. The pressure, combined with ambient air purified to 89-93%, forces the oxygen to dissolve into the body’s fluids and travel to areas of the body otherwise difficult to reach.
The dissolved oxygen saturates and permeates the plasma, the lymph, the synovial (joint) fluid and the cerebrospinal fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
Mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy mobilises the white blood cells to fight infection, promoting greater resistance to infection, as well as accelerated wound healing. It also greatly helps to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the patients system.
The therapy takes place inside a specially-designed inflatable chamber that uses ambient air with an additional oxygen concentrator to deliver oxygen to the body safely. The chamber inflates within one minute and upon total inflation there will be room enough to sit upright or to lie down comfortably. There is enough room for an adult and small child to be in the chamber at the same time. After the chamber has inflated it will pressurise which is a similar feeling to ascending or descending in an aircraft. When the chamber is at full pressure, you breathe normally. You are able to take a book, magazine or other reading material into the chamber or you may choose to relax, listen to music or simply sleep.
Depending on your individualised health requirements, each treatment usually lasts for one and up to two hours at a time although longer periods can be safely undertaken if desired. After HBO treatments you can carry on with your day as normal.
A one hour session in our hyperbaric oxygen chamber costs $150 per hour within a Program of Sessions discounts apply and can be as little as $49 per hour.
A Program of 10 sessions to be had weekly is recommended for most health concerns.
If you have chronic disease / conditions then please consult your doctor before beginning your treatments.